Thursday, January 06, 2005

all by myself

here i am at work. all alone. and it's almost 9.30am. strange, but it's a circumstance of this horrid weather we've been having this week. not that i'm actually working, as you can see.
yesterday, when showing off my shiny new blog, someone made a comment on my lack of capitalization. i'm trying to decide why i do this. it's certainly not a nod to e.e. cummings. in fact, i'm usually quite the zealot when it comes to punctuation and grammar. now i'm quite curious about e.e. cummings' use of such a format. time to research!
the same person who made note of my punctuation also pointed out the narcissism involved in blogging. as if people are actually interested in the daily goings-on of my life. eh, no matter. perhaps in accordance with murphy's law, my life will be less of a raging maelstrom if i record the events. drama is sure to be less frequent, right?
and can i just say that price-gouging gas in the face of a raging blizzard is incredibly infuriating? on my way to work yesterday morning it was $1.54 a gallon & leaving town around 1pm, it had shot up to an annoying $1.75 with the impending storm. golly gee, thanks handimart.
oh look, greg's here. no more loneliness.

"All of the world seems lost in reason" ---EastEighteen

1 Comments:

At 1/13/05, 12:01 PM, Blogger Ann-Marie said...

we are so similar. both grammar nazis who don't capitalize in blogs or (in my case) emails. i don't know why i do it, either!

hmmm . . .

keep up the blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Site Counter