Sunday, September 23, 2007

irritable

so all these steroids they've been pumping me with intravenously for the past 96 hours (not to mention the oral prednisone i'd been taking for 2 weeks before my hospital stay) have made me insanely moody. i am bursting into tears of irrationability (is that a word? i don't care; it is now) at the drop of a hat. poor s has so much to put up with me. he just wants me better, but this is beyond a pre-menstrual gf moodswing. i did explain to him that it's a side effect of the meds & he's taking it with a grain of salt, but if i have to use his shoulder to blow my nose one more time, i think i may lose it even more. i love him for that more than i can express in words.
on a different note, fresh air, sunshine, a long shower without a handheld showerhead and 5 lbs lighter is so much appreciated. and i'm back on solid foods, though the riskiest i plan to get tonight is some mac 'n cheese. comfort food that is not broth, cream soup or a nasty can of ensure. yum!
now to take it easy on this 'day of rest' and prep myself to head back to a full week of work tomorrow. i left this place quite a mess.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9/23/07, 6:53 PM, Blogger SUEB0B said...

Thinking of you. Take care.

 
At 9/23/07, 8:07 PM, Blogger mar said...

thanks so much, suebob.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Site Counter