Wednesday, June 17, 2009

worries

i realize i've been missing in action lately. part of it can be explained by the increased attention to grover. another issue is that in the past couple of weeks i've been having some blurry vision. some of that could be a result of my colitis. eye inflammation or problems can originate with other inflammatory conditions. i have an appointment with my eye doc on monday. it's not particularly fun & can be somewhat scary. computer eye strain, since i sit in front of a screen all day at work, doesn't seem to be helpful in easing the blurs and floaters when they appear either.
though considering that the hospital is announcing that its 130 layoffs will start today & tomorrow (need to cut $45 million from the budget) maybe i don't need to worry about sitting in front of my work computer anymore. i'm merely a 'support' position, not a healthcare provider & after all, they say they are trying to avoid reducing quality healthcare. we shall see.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 6/17/09, 9:55 AM, Blogger super des said...

good luck with work. :/

 
At 6/19/09, 2:19 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Ack! I hope that your vision problem has a satisfactory solution (and weirdly, I have an eye doctor appointment on Tuesday because my vision is blurry in my left eye when I wear contacts, which I suspect is related to not sleeping enough and allergies, but want to be sure). Floaters are scary, though. I am glad that you are seeing someone.

Also, good luck with work...

 
At 6/19/09, 6:16 PM, Blogger mar said...

i'm overdue for an eye appointment anyway. probably just need a new prescription in all my glasses. since i wasn't at work yesterday (ie chained to my computer) i think that alleviated some eye strain. still need to get it checked out, though. hope your appt goes well.
this go around, we seem to be safe on the 1st round of layoffs.

 
At 6/21/09, 4:48 PM, Blogger SUEB0B said...

Sending you my best thoughts.

 
At 6/21/09, 5:44 PM, Blogger mar said...

thanks, sueb0b!

 
At 6/24/09, 4:46 PM, Blogger Ann-Marie said...

I hope your vision improves, or that your doctor can find a way to help you. Best of luck with the work situation, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Site Counter