Wednesday, October 21, 2009

weirdness

the past couple days, really only one or two, i've posted on my facebook status about being a little sore from working out. starting a regimen that includes squats and lunges, along with push-ups will do that to you when you've been sedentary & packed on 10lbs in the past couple months. (another reason i haven't posted much lately: too roly-poly to belly up to the computer)
yesterday in the middle of work, my phone buzzes on the desk with a text message. "you're going to make fat fucks like me look bad" from the ex-bf. i was confused, but figured it had to do with my fb status and went about my business until lunch. then i took a closer look. he'd actually sent a longer text before that that i hadn't noticed, rambling on about if my workout was a wii workout or a real one, what was i getting in shape for and why did i need to do that because i was "looking great" at the wedding where we last ran into each other in april. thought that was really odd & vaguely flirtacious, so i brushed it off with a reply about getting in fighting shape for vegas. immediate response: are you and the bf going down to vegas to elope?
yeesh! if we were, i wouldn't tell you. as my lunch was over i waited to respond again and just told him we're not eloping.

then he posts this on fb last night: Axxx Nxxx Its not funny at all how regret kicks you in the balls in a very non subtle way. FML.

which may be in regards to me if that doesn't make me vain. it's been more than 4 years! i know it took me a long time to get over him & now i realize i was an idiot, but he broke up with me! more than once! of course he's a moron because i'm an amazing woman, but move on with your life.

on another end of the spectrum, we're now contemplating a cruise for the fam for my parents' 35th anniversary next june. any recommendations on cruise lines to avoid or try? we're looking for something reasonable, the sis-in-law definitely wants beaches/sun and 5 days because 4 is too short. and she's the only one who's ever been on a cruise before, 3 times.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10/22/09, 7:06 PM, Blogger super des said...

You should have told him that you are eloping.

jay is my resident expert on cruises. I'll have him send you some info on FB. :)

 
At 10/22/09, 8:21 PM, Blogger mar said...

believe me when i say that i seriously contemplated it. or told him that i was working out because i put on weight from being knocked up.
my mom checked out a couple travel agencies, one of whom couldn't even be bothered to get her a brochure when she stopped in this afternoon after calling them yesterday. about a cruise for 6 people with airfare. guess they don't really need the customers......

 
At 10/25/09, 11:24 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

My in-laws are cruise experts. They go at least once a year at this point. I think most of the big companies (Norwegian, Princess) are fine. The cruise I went on was Norwegian. It was nice, although I did not like being trapped on a boat for 12 days. I am an ungrateful wretch, I know...

 
At 10/26/09, 8:41 AM, Blogger mar said...

i'd love to go on norwegian, but mom pricing it for 6 people, even for only 5 days is too pricey. i think she's going with royal carib.
they're paying for it, yet it's supposed to be for their anniversary.
and you're not an ungrateful wretch. you probably wouldn't enjoy the 107 day world cruise for only $16k...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Site Counter