Saturday, September 13, 2008

bridal update

so, since i have yet to be asked to be a bridesmaid for my brother's wedding, i found out from my mother this week that i won't be until i go home for christmas. my brother's fiancee wants to wait until she meets me face-to-face. i guess that's okay. better than being shut out entirely.
and today my mother went to whatever wedding shop in our hometown for my fsil (future sis-in-law) to find a gown. she, my mom, not being the fashiony type & whatnot, said it was really fun. i'm afraid the bug has hit her. like every mother, the urge to marry off her children & plan the wedding has struck. perhaps it's only because g lives so close & she knows it's not likely to happen with me, due to distance & whatever other circumstances (you know, not being engaged & wanting to elope).
apparently, after trying on a number of dresses, fsil put on one & just stood there staring in the mirror until she burst into tears. the consensus of my mother & the two bridesmaids present: it was the one. her mother, on the other hand, was less than impressed.
and i guess the prospective, yet not confirmed, bridesmaids' dresses will be strapless, tea-length with a bubble skirt in champagne (colours-champagne, chocolate brown & pink) with a brown sash. i'm rather pleased. when my friend m was trying on wedding dresses when i was in nashville 2 years ago, i decided that i like the champagne colour the best for future reference.
hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9/14/08, 10:34 AM, Blogger super des said...

My sister changed her wedding date like 4 times, then decided on her original date. (I was like I'm buying plane tickets for this date, whether or not you're getting married then.)
Then she was very strict on TEA LENGTH dresses. Until apparently someone found "the perfect dress" that was floor length. So she changed her mind on that.

weddings are super....

 
At 9/14/08, 4:01 PM, Blogger mar said...

another reason i'd like to elope...

the date is set; they've already got things like location & caterers booked. 8.15.09

 
At 9/17/08, 1:41 PM, Blogger Suzanne Reisman said...

I hate weddings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Site Counter