Monday, September 22, 2008

*burp*

for the past few weeks i haven't been feeling so well & my appetite has been lacking, as well as having abdominal pain & extreme fatigue in varying degrees. i've lost about 6 or 7 lbs over the last 3 weeks & i'll be seeing my gi doctor tomorrow afternoon. we already ruled out pancreatitis (thank goodness!) last friday when my labs came back normal. now i'm wondering if it's my spleen or could be mono (enlarged spleen is a side effect) because of my crappy immune system. we'll see what the doc comes up with tomorrow.
but today i had more energy than in a long time (not in excess, but more than yesterday) & all i could think of was how good sweet potatoes with marshmallows & stuffing with gravy sounded. so i hoofed it to the grocery store (a 40-minute round trip) to buy the supplies. i just feasted on way more food than my poor stomach could take, but it tasted so good. i kinda want a second helping, but i'm not sure if that's the best idea... maybe in another hour.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9/22/08, 10:01 PM, Blogger SUEB0B said...

Hope you are ok.

 
At 9/23/08, 7:13 AM, Blogger mar said...

thanks.
i'm still feeling a little better today (of course, then the doc will really be able to diagnose what's been going on with me).

 
At 9/24/08, 4:39 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

What happened at your appointment?

I love sweet potatoes and stuffing. I'm glad you got some appetite back.

 
At 9/24/08, 5:47 PM, Blogger mar said...

well, the doctor cancelled my appointment yesterday because he had a bleeder on his inpatient rounds.
he saw me this afternoon, tapped my belly, ordered some bloodwork & a ct scan for 2 weeks.
i'm still having intermittent abdominal pain & sickness (read-diarrhea, fun!), but feeling way more normal now. if i'm improved in the next week i won't have to have the ct, so *fingers crossed*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Site Counter