Thursday, October 09, 2008

180 degrees

i've taken off from work until monday & as of this morning i feel like i've made a 180 degree turn for the better. my arthritis has kicked in because there's less than a week left until my next infusion, but even that isn't getting me down. i'm hoping that this will last for a while. s is also holding me 'captive' at his place to keep an eye on & take care of me. i think i have a case of stockholm syndrome. ;)
resting, relaxing & recuperating after a small surgical procedure yesterday is probably the best thing for me. plus, i desperately needed a mental health day or two after feeling like crap for the whole month of september. (hopefully this won't be a trend since it was last september that i spent in the hospital, too.)
enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10/9/08, 6:21 PM, Blogger super des said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. We worry about you, you know!

 
At 10/9/08, 6:58 PM, Blogger mar said...

thanks! it's nice to know people care.

 
At 10/10/08, 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO glad you're feeling better! YEA!

 
At 10/10/08, 2:23 PM, Blogger mar said...

i'm still resting, but it feels really good. not gonna enjoy going back to work on monday, even though i've got wednesday off to spend the day in the infusion suite. i should be able to last a 4 day week, though. it'll be thanksgiving break soon enough.

 
At 10/12/08, 3:07 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better. Lately I've been thinking a lot about how much it sucks to be relatively young and have a lot of health problems. People are generally not understanding when you are young and sick. So I am glad that you have a supportive community in life and online.

 
At 10/12/08, 4:43 PM, Blogger mar said...

thanks. i really appreciate it too, for those who'll take the time to understand.
i feel quite guilty when my friends in town call & ask if i wanna go out because half the time i don't feel up to it & as it builds up they act like i'm just making excuses when in reality, i can barely hold the phone because my hands hurt too bad or i can't get a shirt on over my head when my arthritis is acting up. it's even worse when it's the digestive issues. and i'm not even 30 yet. how am i gonna make it to 50 or 60?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Site Counter