Friday, November 28, 2008

thankful

it's been a while since i last posted. things have been a bit rough, joint-wise. apparently after girls' night out (sushi! wine! dresses!) the ol' arthritis started kickin' in. or rather beating me to a pulp. and my next infusion isn't until wednesday, but i'm getting by with the medication from the gp & it seems to at least let me get around without shrieking at my every step.
anyroad, this is a post in honour of thanksgiving. i was lucky enough to spend my second year at the 'in-laws'. weeks ago i offered to bring sweet potatoes because it's one of my must-haves at both christmas & thanksgiving. last year, i was thwarted as they only had a basket of baked yams on the table. so i rounded up a recipe from the pioneer woman that went over like hotcakes. pecan-crusted sweet potatoes. in fact, i got so much attention that it made me blush. and that was just my first attempt at the recipe. guess it'll have to become a regular feature & i can even make it for my fam (except dad) at christmas.
hope you & yours had a wonderful thanksgiving. i've so much to be thankful for: steady job, great benefits, fantastic friends, amazing family & 'in-laws' & last but not least, s.
now i'm going to avoid anything to do with consumerism & retail that is black friday.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11/28/08, 10:25 AM, Blogger super des said...

sweet potatoes are also required for anywhere I go. Yumyumyum

 
At 11/28/08, 3:35 PM, Blogger SUEB0B said...

I am so sorry to hear about your arthritis. I have just a little myself and it really sucks.

And those sweet potatoes should be bounced right out of the vegetable category and into dessert. I'm just sayin'.

 
At 11/28/08, 4:55 PM, Blogger mar said...

sadly my arthritis is a result of the medication/infusion i take for my colitis (which is also medication used for rheumatoid arthritis. arthritis meds gave me the arthritis? weird but true)
oh, and i agree on the dessert category. guess what i had for breakfast, though? mmmm, sweet potatoes for every meal!

 
At 11/29/08, 3:33 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I also love sweet potatoes! They are just so delicious, and my favorite tuber. I was disappointed this year because my brother-in-law made them with pepper, and a lot of pepper at that. Pepper? In sweet potatoes? Oh well. Everything else was fantastic, so I have no right to complain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Site Counter