Saturday, July 25, 2009

the air up here

we're on the 30th floor here at the sheraton & about 9 times out of ten when we step on the elevator to get to our room, my ears pop. apparently the altitude is too high for me.
blogher has both surprised and disappointed me. along with bringing me to tears, making me laugh until my sides hurt (& tears run down my face), intimdated and inspired me. writing is such a tortuous experience for me. this probably explains why i haven't so much as touched my book since december even though it needs major tweaks and editing.
yesterday was great fun and the keynote speakers, every last one, were incredible. i'm still feeling a bit squiffy about handing out my cards to people, be they 'famous' or completely unknown to me. there's the idea that has wormed its way into my subconscious after years of inferiority complex that i am not worthy (ala wayne's world) & i don't know if i want anyone reading/judging my whinging. this was part of the discussion in the lifeblogging session yesterday afternoon: basically why do you have to justify your posts when they are addressing your life? and yet, i feel the need to do it. it's probably a large part of the self-deprecating humor that i've used as a protective shield for as long as i can remember. (not that there's anything wrong with things like sarcasm; i enjoy it in other people but there's a fine line you can cross so easily with a slip of the tongue.)
i honestly need to get over this and i also need to be more diligent in writing either on the first book or even get back to doing the researching/writing on the second one. we shall see how this goes once i get home tomorrow. life has changed immensely with s moving in so maybe i can dedicate more time to other important aspects of my life that i've neglected lately.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 7/25/09, 9:34 PM, Blogger KitKat said...

Ya know, from what I'm reading, it seems like blogher disappointed a lot of people. I'll be interested to hear more about it! (And to find out who you met!!)

 
At 7/25/09, 11:12 PM, Blogger mar said...

what you're reading from me?
btw, heather spohr read at the keynote last night & it was heartbreaking and awesome, also since she came in on the plane with my other roommate, suebob.
i'm having a great time & have met some amazing people & am currently wearing a trendy mcdonald's bag as a hat.

 
At 7/26/09, 9:12 AM, Blogger KitKat said...

Not just from you - a couple different have mentioned being disappointed. I'm glad to hear that about Heather. I kind of assumed she would be amazing, but I'm glad to know that my assumption was true.

 
At 7/29/09, 12:23 PM, Blogger DanielleH said...

I'm so glad that you introduced yourself, particularly after reading this entry! You have no reason to feel inferior to ANYONE; you're a fabulous writer and I'm happy to add you to my list of daily reads.

Next year, you just come and sit by me, okay?

 
At 7/31/09, 10:20 AM, Blogger mar said...

thanks, danielle! i'd gladly come sit by you. i'm gonna need about 50 different sides, so i can be by all the awesomeness that is the people i met at blogher.

 
At 7/31/09, 11:17 AM, Blogger SUEB0B said...

You are so delightful. You DO need to get over your inferiority complex because you are just a marvelous, fascinating, beautiful person. I would love to see you bust out and show the world who you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Site Counter