Tuesday, January 06, 2009

her blog

well, yesterday i started contemplating attending blogher 2009. i know i haven't got the audience, but as it's close (chicago-less than 4 hours away) and i'm autograph hound (no, not really), i thought it might be a possibility. i mean, i'd get to be near/meet some of my favourite bloggers.
it'd be pretty awesome to finally meet des and remeet suzanne. hopefully i'd get to meet suebob, too! and there are a ton of others, who i'm too lazy to link at this moment. it could be really fun. slumber party!
that would mean an awful lot of vaca time in july/august, though. if i take off july 24th, i also have to put in time for august 12-17th for my brother's wedding and travel time. then, there's the possibility of moving out of my apartment or at least helping s move into a new place, which would be the first of august. luckily the 1st is on a saturday this year, but if i have to move, i need to be out by 7/29. (stupid college town leases-every landlord/property management in town is 1-year lease only going from august-july of the next year!) so far, i've already asked for the 24th off & my bro's wedding week, but we'll see if i need moving vacation. or, you know, win the powerball. whatevs.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1/6/09, 9:27 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

The good news is that the conference is mostly over a weekend, so you wouldn't need to take too much time off. I hope that all the planets align and that this works out. I would so love to hang out with you. And at worst, if it doesn't, I will see you in Iowa when I visit my sister and her new baby. I'm sure I can steal away time for dinner, lunch or coffee or whatever.

 
At 1/6/09, 10:34 PM, Blogger super des said...

I am also hoping to win that powerball. And have you come to blogher (with or without me - I can live vicariously).

 
At 1/7/09, 1:02 AM, Blogger SUEB0B said...

Just come. It will be good. I am trying to figure a way to get there myself, as my financial ass has been pretty much kicked already. You can just buy the party pass and hang out in the lobby and greet passers-by. That's what I like to do most, anyway. You can always volunteer as a way to get a conference pass if you really need one.

 
At 1/7/09, 1:30 PM, Blogger mar said...

thanks, ladies!
since i accidentally asked for the 25th off, my boss corrected me. sure, you can have saturday off, but did you mean friday? um yeah, dum-me.
so now i've got the time off for that day; it's down to the moola for registration, which i could scrape together versus paying more down on my loans, but oh well.

 
At 1/9/09, 9:40 AM, Blogger Ann-Marie said...

What exactly is Blogher? I read bits and pieces about it here and there, but I'm not really sure I understand it.

 
At 1/9/09, 6:00 PM, Blogger mar said...

you can click on the link in the first line of my post, amo-f.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Site Counter